Due to continuing success and growth of our AESG team, a fantastic opportunity has opened up at our award-winning Specialist Consultancy, Engineering and Advisory Firm.
We are headquartered in London, Singapore and Dubai, working throughout the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Our areas of expertise are represented in four core verticals: Building Engineering, Planning and Infrastructure, Strategy and Advisory and Commissioning, Handover and Asset Management.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in the industry in each of the services that we offer. We have one of the largest dedicated team with decades of cumulative experience in sustainable design, fire and life safety, façade engineering, commissioning, building performance, waste management, environmental consultancy, carbon management and acoustics.
We are looking for an Environmental Compliance Senior Specialist who has the experience and ability to support the evolution, implementation and coordination of an effective and high-quality Environmental Assurance Program and ensure that the execution of the projects activities are conducted in a manner which is fitting for a mega project.
The ideal candidate fits the below profile:
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated and self-driven (entrepreneurial outlook)
- Committed to technical excellence
- Good relationship builders (internal and external)
- Collaborative Personality
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Support the Senior Manager Execution & Assurance in developing and coordinating an Environmental Assurance Program
- Ensure that environmental and sustainability Employer Requirements are effectively implemented during all development phases construction operation decommissioning.
- Develop, implement, and enforce an effective secondary assurance function for the construction of all built assets.
- Manage a primary assurance and compliance program for all construction activities
- Ensure that project training, monitoring, and reporting regimes are applied across the project
- Ensure that the projects environmental requirements (Environmental Codes of Compliance) are thoroughly briefed to construction contractors, facility operators, partner organizations, etc
- Support the review of Construction Environmental and Social Management Plans and other associated documents developed by the contractors.
- Must have as a minimum a bachelors degree in Environmental Sciences (or related discipline) and ideally a Masters degree.
- BSc in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Management or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) year-experience in environmental management across an array of economic sectors, ideally with some experience of regulatory environmental enforcement.
- Strong technical environmental skills across terrestrial, marine and coastal environments
- Experience in managing infrastructure construction projects is desirable.
- Lead auditor qualifications alongside experience of ISO14001 implementation is required
- Experience in managing PMC activities at a client/consultant level is desirable.
Why join AESG?
AESG is a multidisciplinary specialist consultancy, offering a consultancy service and work environment like no other.
Through our world-class reputation for innovative thinking, pushing projects to out-perform expectations through smart application of planning, engineering and architectural solutions, our project portfolio includes some of the worlds most forward-thinking and exciting new developments.
The success of our company is built on the success of individuals. Our ability to achieve what we have is because our staff are driven, passionate and love what they do.
Through our progressive, lively and collaborative environment, we identify, foster and nurture the greatest strengths of our staff, and allow them the opportunity to flourish by offering positions of responsibility at an early stage, and providing clear career progression pathways for all.
As an employee of AESG you can expect:
- Great career opportunities with access to huge variety of projects and incredible clients make your mark in a growing company and accelerate your career.
- Working on some of the worlds leading developments and tackling our clients greatest challenges
- Commitment in building on your areas of specialism and focal interest points, supporting your professional development through a structured training and mentorship program.
- Highly collaborative approach across the different technical service offerings
- Internal and external training opportunities where do you want to take your career? Well help you get there!