Due to continuing success and growth of our AESG team, a fantastic opportunity has opened up at our award-winning Specialist Consultancy, Engineering and Advisory Firm.
We are headquartered in London, Riyadh, Singapore and Dubai, working throughout the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Our areas of expertise are represented in four core verticals: Building Engineering, Planning and Infrastructure, Strategy and Advisory and Commissioning, Handover and Asset Management.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in the industry in each of the services that we offer. We have one of the largest dedicated team with decades of cumulative experience in sustainable design, fire and life safety, façade engineering, commissioning, building performance, waste management, environmental consultancy, carbon management and acoustics.
We are looking for Environmental Assessment Senior Specialist with a track record of coordinating and delivering environmental assessment services under an advanced regulatory system preferably at MCP or mega-project scale. Their experience should ideally span the development life cycle.
The Ideal Candidate Fits The Below Profile:
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated and self-driven (entrepreneurial outlook)
- Committed to technical excellence
- Good relationship builders (internal and external)
- Collaborative Personality
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Administering (Project Managing) the Environmental Assessment process at the Activity (project level) including scheduling, day to day coordination of project timelines and deliverables, acting as an interface between internal sectors, external proponents, and Environmental Consultants.
- Contributing to the effective development of clear, detailed and comprehensive assessment documentation.
- Review and assessment of technical environmental assessment reports and documentation submitted by Sector ‘Proponents’ or external Environmental Consultants, in line with policy and planning objectives.
- Ensuring continued alignment of the environmental planning and approval systems with IFC performance standards and world’s best practice.
- Translating complex technical information into easy-to-understand plain English guidelines, reports and communications.
- Participating as a positive and proactive member of the Environmental Assessment and Monitoring Team to match forecast project delivery demands.
- Degree or Master’s in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, or similar.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience across the fields of environmental assessment and/or approvals.
- Strong technical environmental skills across marine or terrestrial built and natural environments and/or sustainability.