Due to continuing success and growth of our AESG team, a fantastic opportunity has opened up at our award-winning Specialist Consultancy, Engineering and Advisory Firm.
We are headquartered in London, Riyadh, Singapore, and Dubai, working throughout the Middle East, Europe and Asia. Our areas of expertise are represented in four core verticals: Building Engineering, Planning and Infrastructure, Strategy and Advisory and Commissioning, Handover and Asset Management.
We pride ourselves in being leaders in the industry in each of the services that we offer. We have one of the largest dedicated team with decades of cumulative experience in sustainable design, fire and life safety, façade engineering, commissioning, building performance, waste management, environmental consultancy, carbon management and acoustics.
We are looking for a Senior Specialist with extensive practical experience and a passion to lead and support the design and delivery of a comprehensive program of nature conservation and protected area management.
If you have a sense of adventure, a passion for conservation and willing to relocate to Saudi Arabia, you could be a part of our team.
The ideal candidate fits the below profile:
- Strong communication skills
- Motivated and self-driven (entrepreneurial outlook)
- Committed to technical excellence
- Good relationship builders (internal and external)
- Collaborative personality
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Support all aspects of conservation monitoring and evaluations programs
- Day-to-day field operations for conservation monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain relations, in cooperation with the Manager and Director, to coordinate activities with other specialists within the Department.
- Maintain relations, in cooperation with the Manager and Director, to coordinate activities with other Departments, consultants and stakeholders
- Create opportunities for education and stewardship among staff, residents and the wider public
- Establish and maintain good relations with resource users (including commercial tourism operators)
- Utilise marine vessels, land vehicles, and ATVs responsibly and report any issues to the Manager
- Be accountable for the effective use budget for conservation monitoring and evaluation
- Develop strategic initiatives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the Program, with a constant focus on driving value to the company and anticipating and mitigating business, environmental and reputational risks
- Work within a highly efficient and professional team that supports company’s ambition of world-class Conservation and Protected Areas
- Carryout monitoring and evaluation programs to evaluate protected area effectiveness
- Contribute to a process of review and continuous improvement of the monitoring and evaluation program to ensure a world-class Conservation Program
- Support conservation and management objectives and to help ensure a high level of environmental performance for all activities
- Ensure a program of performance monitoring and constant improvement that includes strong awareness of emerging trends and technology that can improve program efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and improvement of conservation monitoring and evaluation Program
- Support the Director Marine Conservation and Management to develop, implement and review conservation and monitoring policies, plans and programs.
- Review and integrate current and emerging best practices in day-to-day monitoring and management of environment and resources to ensure company’s programs align with and exceed best-in-class standards.
- Evaluate, track, and incorporate new technologies relevant to improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the program.
- Foster a culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Build alliances with internal and external stakeholders of environment and resources to maintain a current understanding of their expectations and behaviours to optimally support decision-making, anticipate changes in these requirements and maintain user-feedback processes.
- Support the Director of Marine Conservation and Management to establish and maintain relations with relevant government and international entities and the wider communities in order to foster an enabling environment for Division business.
- Support partnerships with private and public organizations for the development of joint programs and initiatives.
- Attend related forums, seminars, etc. to enrich network and learn about the latest developments and opportunities
- Help instill a culture of development, guidance, and performance within the Conservation & Management Division.
- Promote a high-performance working environment embracing company’s values.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 (two) to 5 (five) years’ experience in conservation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Strong technical environmental skills across marine or terrestrial conservation and natural environments and/or sustainability
Why join AESG?
AESG is multidisciplinary specialist consultancy, offering a consultancy service and work environment like no other.
Through our world class reputation for innovative thinking, pushing projects to out-perform expectations through smart application of planning, engineering and architectural solutions, our project portfolio includes some of the world’s most forward thinking and exciting new developments.
The success of our company is built on the success of individuals. Our ability to achieve what we have is because our staff are driven, passionate and love what they do.
Through our progressive, lively and collaborative environment, we identify, foster and nurture the greatest strengths of our staff, and allow them opportunity to flourish by offering positions of responsibility at an early stage, and providing clear career progression pathways for all.
As an employee of AESG you can expect:
- Great career opportunities with access to huge variety of projects and incredible clients – make your mark in a growing company and accelerate your career.
- Working on some of the world’s leading developments and tackling our client’s greatest challenges
- Commitment in building on your areas of specialism and focal interest points, supporting your professional development through a structured training and mentorship program.
- Highly collaborative approach across the different technical service offerings
- Internal and external training opportunities – where do you want to take your career? We’ll help you get there!
- Promotion of the importance of health and well-being of the team, including team building fitness activities, social events and the provision of a healthy work environment
- To be part of a dynamic and motivated team with an amazing team culture